Roast Pork & Apples Recipe
How to Make Roast Pork & Apples
- Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C for fan-forced oven)
- Remove pork from fridge 30 mins prior to cooking. Remove packaging and pat dry with paper towel
- Peel and cut onions in wedges, peel and squash cloves of garlic.
- Place pork on an oven rack in a baking dish. Put onions, rosemary and garlic under the pork. Rub garlic into the pork rind, drizzle with olive oil and rub generously with salt.
- Place in hot oven for 30-40 mins until skin in well crackled.
- Reduce temperature to 165°C (or 145°C for fan-forced) , cook until internal core temperature reaches 75°C or until juices run clear when skewered in centre.
- Cut apples in half. Combine apple cider vinegar with cinnamon. Toss apples in the mixture. 30 minutes before estimated finished cooking time, add the apples to the baking rack cut side down, for 15 minutes then turn and baste them with the pork juices.
- When the pork has reached temperature and apples are soft, remove from the oven and allow to rest before carving.
*NOTE: Total cooking time is 35 mins per kg
RECIPE: Courtesy of Suzanne , ALDI Test Kitchen