Salmon Tacos Recipe
How to Make Salmon Tacos
- To make quick pickled onions, mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon of salt and sugar in a small bowl, add onions and let them sit and pickle, whilst you cook the salmon.
- Pat dry salmon pieces and place them on a plate, skin-side up. Sprinkle skin liberally with salt.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan until just starting to smoke. Add a splash of olive oil and add salmon, skin-side down. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes until skin is golden brown.
- Flip salmon, flesh-side down and turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes for medium well done. Set salmon aside to rest.
- Heat soft taco shells in the microwave or quickly heat them over a hot grill pan. Heating for 30 seconds each side.
- Break salmon into large chunks, then top each taco with the desired amount of sour cream, pickled onions and herbs. Serve with a squeeze of lime.