Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin Recipe
How to Make Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Drizzle oil over pumpkin, then rub all over to coat.
- Wrap pumpkin in baking paper and enclose in foil. Use a knife to cut through foil and make three slits in the base of the pumpkin.
- Place on a wire rack set over a roasting pan and roast for 2.5 hours or until slightly tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While pumpkin is roasting, make the filling.
- Toast the almonds in a medium-sized pan over medium heat, until golden brown. Set aside.
- About 10 minutes before you’re ready to serve, heat the rice according to package directions. Place the rice in a large bowl and toss with the nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the cranberries, raisins, lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine. Add toasted almonds and season with salt.
- Once the pumpkin has cooled to the touch, slice through the top to remove the lid and scoop out the inside of the pumpkin to make a well, deep enough for the filling.
- Fill the pumpkin with the rice mixture, place on a serving platter with the lid on the side and serve immediately.