Vegetarian Yorkshire Pudding Pies Recipe
How to Make Vegetarian Yorkshire Pudding Pies
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Lightly grease the rims of the cake tins.
- Combine flour and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk in another bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and gradually add the egg mixture, slowly beating until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide the oil between the cake tins and place in oven to heat up.
- Remove from oven and divide the batter between the tins and place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until risen and crisp. Set aside.
- For the filling, reduce oven heat to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Toss the pumpkin cubes in 1 tablespoon of oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium-sized frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes over medium heat or until softened.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl. Whisk together with the cream. Fold through the roasted pumpkin, cooked onion and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the Yorkshire pudding cases on 2 baking trays. Divide the filling between the cases. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked and firm.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.