Aussie Caesar Salad Recipe
How to Make an Aussie Caesar Salad
- Preheat oven 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). To make your croutons, cut bread rolls into even, bite-sized pieces. In a bowl add add butter, garlic, salt and pepper to bread pieces. Mix together until well coated. Place on baking tray. Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and drain on paper towel.
- In a saucepan, place eggs and water to cover. Bring to boil and then simmer 4-5 minutes. Drain. When cooled, peel off shells and cut in half.
- Lightly fry bacon in pan until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- To assemble your salad, roughly chop or tear lettuce into pieces and place in bowl. Add bacon, cheese, croutons and dressing. Mix well.
- Place in serving bowl and top with eggs and chopped chives.