Glazed Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe
How to make Glazed Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Heat saucepan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Dice onion, chilli and mince garlic. Add to saucepan and cook until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pan and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly.
- Place the pork and ¾ of the marinade into a non-reactive dish and stir to coat. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Remove from the fridge half an hour before cooking.
- Preheat a chargrill or bbq to high. Grill the pork for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Place on a plate and cover loosely with foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill pineapple slices for a few minutes on each side or until nicely charred. Slice into strips.
- Trim excess fat off the pork and slice into strips.
- Place a slice of pork and a slice of pineapple in each lettuce cup. Top with red onion, chilli and coriander and serve with a drizzle of the reserved marinade.
Tip: As this is an acid-based marinade, be sure to not marinate the pork for too long or it will affect the texture.