Coconut Mango Semifreddo Recipe
How to Make Coconut Mango Semifreddo
- Place chopped, dried mango in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry with kitchen towel. Reserve.
- Line the base and sides of a large, 2 litre loaf tin with plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Open the can of coconut cream. Spoon the firm white cream from the top into a mixing bowl. Place in fridge. Discard the coconut water at the base of the can (or you can save for your next smoothie).
- Using electric beaters, whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl for 1-2 minutes or until frothy. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture is pale and thick. Remove from the heat and continue whisking for 1-2 minutes or until cool.
- Clean the electric beaters. Add thickened cream and vanilla extract to the bowl with the coconut cream. Beat for 3-4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold into the egg mixture using a metal spoon. Add reserved dried mango to bowl and fold in.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Toast shaved coconut. Lay onto a tray, lined with baking paper. Add to a low-moderate oven and toast for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Peel and dice the fresh mangoes.
- Remove semifreddo from freezer and turn out onto a serving platter.
- To serve, top with the fresh mango and toasted coconut. Garnish with lime wedges.