Mango and Sticky Rice Recipe
How to Make Mango and Sticky Rice
- Combine the rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Combine ⅔ cup coconut milk, sugar and salt in another saucean and bring to the boil. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and pour over the cooked rice. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir with a fork and cool for another 20 minutes.
- Line 6 x ½-cup (125ml) capacity ramekins with plastic wrap. Spoon in the sticky rice and press down firmly. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- For the coconut sauce: combine cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Place ½ cup coconut milk in a small saucepan and add the cornflour mixture and salt. Slowly bring to the boil and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Cool.
- Carefully cut balls and cubes from the mangoes (use a melon baller for the balls).
- To serve, turn out rice from the ramekins onto serving plates and top with the mango balls and cubes and drizzle with remaining coconut milk.
Optional: decorate with edible flowers (if using).