Chicken Melon Salad Bowls Recipe
How to Make Chicken Melon Salad Bowls
- Crumble the stock cubes into a medium-sized saucepan and add the water. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken and turn off the heat.
- Leave the chicken to poach in the water for 20 minutes, or until cooked. Remove chicken from pan and cool. Shred the cooked chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, mustard, vinegar and honey for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the outside of each rockmelon. Cut the rockmelons in half and scoop out the seeds. Use a melon baller to scoop out balls and place in a large bowl.
- Use the melon baller to scoop out balls from the watermelon and add to the bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken to bowl. Add celery, onion and walnuts. Gently toss through the dressing.
- Pile the mixture into the rockmelon shells and sprinkle with the pepitas. Serve immediately.
Optional: Serve with warm crusty bread.