Beef and Mushroom Chilli with Hand-Cut Potato Wedges Recipe
How to make Beef and Mushroom Chilli with Hand-Cut Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly soft. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft and golden. Add garlic, paprika, cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the beef and cook, for 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Drain excess fat. Add the paprika, cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to the saucepan containing the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Add the passata, cacoa (if using), vinegar and sugar to the saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes. Add the black beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into wedges and place on the baking trays. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked and crisp.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the corn and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until charred. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve the chilli with a dollop of mashed avocado and a spoonful of sour cream. Accompany with the charred corn and potato wedges.
Tip: You can use 5 star beef mince if preferred.
Note: Cacao powder can be omitted.