Roasted Mushroom Soup Recipe
How to make Roasted Mushroom Soup
This soup goes very well with our Cheddar and Chive Scones. See our recipe recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a flat oven tray with baking paper and add the mushrooms. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons oil, season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly coloured. Set aside a handful of roasted mushrooms for garnish.
- Place a heavy-based saucepan over a medium-low heat and add the remaining oil with the garlic, onion, thyme and bay leaf (if using). Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the roasted mushrooms and any pan juices. Add potato and stock and bring up to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the thyme stalk and bay leaf and add the cream. Blitz until smooth with a hand-held blender. Season to taste.
- Try our recipe for Cheddar and Chive Scones. While mushrooms are roasting, prepare the scones.
- To serve soup, ladle into bowls. Top with the reserved roasted mushrooms. Add a dash of drizzled cream and some black pepper. Serve with the warm scones.
Tip: Both the soup and scones can be prepared ahead and reheated to serve.