Orange & Cranberry Roast Chicken Recipe
How to Make Orange & Cranberry Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- Prepare the cranberry and orange glaze by heating the cranberry sauce in a medium-sized pan on medium heat.
- Zest one of the oranges and then squeeze the juice. Add both the zest and juice to the cranberry sauce. Stir until well combined and melted down into a thick, syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and divide syrup in half and place in two separate dishes.
- Use contents of one dish for the glaze to baste the chicken and in the other dish add the dried cranberries and stir though until coated. Set glaze with dried cranberries aside until chicken is cooked.
- Prepare chicken by patting it dry and tying the legs together with butcher’s twine. Prepare an ovenproof roasting dish, that is large enough to fit the whole chicken with a little room around it. Drizzle the bottom of the roasting dish with a little olive oil and place chicken over the oil.
- Brush a little of the glaze over the chicken, sprinkle with a few rosemary leaves and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced) and brush the chicken with more glaze. Repeat this glazing process every 20 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Place the cooked chicken on a serving platter. Spoon most of the dried cranberries onto the platter around the chicken. Garnish around chicken with fresh rosemary sprigs and orange slices and drizzle the rest of the dried cranberries in syrup, over the chicken.
Tip: Use dehydrated orange slices to garnish (optional).