BBQ Pineapple Rings Recipe
How to Make BBQ Pineapple Rings
- Cut the top off the pineapple and turn upside down, placing it on a cutting board and rest for 10-15 minutes. This will allow gravity to start moving the juices down, for evenly juiced slices (as they are generally stored topside up).
- Once rested, cut the other end off the pineapple. Remove the skin by carefully slicing it away, following the shape of the pineapple and removing as much of the pineapple eyes as possible. You can use a small knife to cut off the remaining eyes, before you start the slices.
- Turn the pineapple on its side and cut slices. You can use an apple corer or shot glass to carefully and evenly remove the cores from your slices. Set aside.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon together on a plate and blend together with your fingers.
- Dip each pineapple ring into the sugar and spice mixture until they are all evenly covered.
- Rest the rings on the plate in the fridge until they are ready to cook.
- Cook on a preheated barbecue or grill for a couple of minutes each side, until golden and caramelised.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: If you don’t want such a sweet, dessert-style pineapple, follow the first 3 steps and simply cook on your BBQ for the perfect summer addition to your dishes.