Grilled Pineapple Slaw Recipe
How to Make Grilled Pineapple Slaw
- Cut the top off the pineapple and turn upside down, placing it on a cutting board and rest for 10-15 minutes. This will allow gravity to start moving the juices down, for evenly juiced slices (as they are generally stored topside up).
- Once rested, cut the other end off the pineapple. Remove the skin by carefully slicing it away, following the shape of the pineapple and removing as much of the pineapple eyes as possible. You can use a small knife to cut off the remaining eyes, before you start the slices.
- Turn the pineapple on its side and cut slices. You can use an apple corer or shot glass to carefully and evenly remove the cores from your slices. Set aside.
- Heat your grill pan or BBQ grill. Cook each side of pineapple for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool then cut into wedges. Set aside.
- Wipe and trim the spring onions and thinly slice.
- Thinly shred the red cabbage.
- Cut the carrots into thin strips.
- Cut the top off your capsicum and remove the pith and seeds. Cut into thin strips.
- Put all of the ingredients a serving bowl. If using pomegranate seeds, add in now.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon and lime juice with the olive oil along with the mustard, paprika and oregano. Taste and season with some salt and pepper, as needed.
- Drizzle over the slaw and toss. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.