Sweet Corn Fritters with Spiced Prawn and Mango Recipe
How to make Sweet Corn Fritters with Spiced Prawn and Mango
- Drain the corn kernels and set aside ¼ cup of the kernels. Place the remaining kernels into a food processor. Add the egg, garlic and flour. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold through the reserved corn, green shallots and chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice mango into twelve 5cm x 3cm slices. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Drop in 1 heaped tablespoon of the corn mixture per fritter, adding 4 in the frypan total. Flatten to make small, flat fritters. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a serving platter. Place in a warm oven while you cook the remaining mixture in 2 more batches. Mixture will make approximately 12 fritters.
- Reheat the pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the garlic prawns with BBQ spice. Cook in pan for 2-3 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Top each fritter with a slice of mango and 2 prawns.
- Garnish with extra coriander and sliced green chilli (if using).