One Punnet Quick Strawberry Jam Recipe
How to Make One Punnet Quick Strawberry Jam
- Place a small ceramic plate in the freezer.
- Put the strawberries in a medium-sized, deep saucepan and crush with a potato masher but leave some texture. Add the sugar and lemon juice.
- Heat gently, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat and bring to a rolling boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Test a drop of jam on the chilled plate and place back in the freezer for 30 seconds. Run your finger through the drop and if it is tacky and somewhat firm, it’s ready. If not, boil for another few minutes and retest until ready.
- Ladle into a small, sterilised jar and seal with lid immediately (see tip below).
Tip: Sterilise jars by filling clean jars with boiling water, empty and then place in oven for 20 minutes at 140°C. Washed lids should be sterilised with boiling water and then left to drain.
Note: You can also substitute strawberries for blueberries.