Corn Ribs Recipe
How to Make Corn Ribs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Remove husk from corn.
- Using a very sharp knife, and a hard and steady surface, carefully split each corn cob into quarters lengthways. You will need to cut through the core which is very hard, so you will need to use some force. Set aside.
- Place the oil, spices, crushed garlic and salt into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place corn in a large mixing bowl and coat with the spice mix.
- Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper and add the corn ribs. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown and the corn is soft and juicy.
- To serve, place corn ribs on a serving platter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped coriander and chopped spring onions.
Tip: Select fresh corn with plump and juicy kernels.
Note: Before you attempt to slice through your corn cobs, ensure you have a sharp chef’s knife and a stable surface. Stand the corn cob vertically with the wider end sitting flat on your cutting surface. Keep your fingers above the blade. Slicing the corn cobs vertically also ensures you don’t smash your corn kernels.