Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Warm Apple and Almond Butter Recipe
How to Make Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Warm Apple and Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways and place onto prepared tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, peel and chop the apples into 1cm cubes.
- Place water, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a medium saucepan and add the chopped apple. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the apple is just tender.
- Place the flaked coconut on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 4-7 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, carefully split them open and fill with the cinnamon apple mixture.
- Top with almond butter and yogurt. Sprinkle with chia seeds and toasted coconut.