Cheesy Oats with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Recipe
How to make Cheesy Oats with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Place the sweet potato and brussels sprouts into a small baking tray and toss with 2 teaspoons of oil. Season well and bake for 30 minutes or until coloured and tender.
- To prepare the savoury oats, place the stock and remaining oil into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the oats and cook for 4 minutes, stirring regularly, ensuring they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Take off the heat, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Rest for 4 minutes, covered with a lid or foil.
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the eggs to your liking.
- Place the savoury oats into 2 bowls. Top each with half of the roasted vegetables and a fried egg and serve.
Tip: This is best prepared when you want to eat it, as the mixture loses its runny, yielding texture if left too long.