Zucchini, Fetta and Rocket Galette Recipe
How to make Zucchini, Fetta and Rocket Galette
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Place the sheets of puff pastry onto a large, flat baking sheet and line them up so they become a rectangle with a tiny bit of overlap at the join. Use your fingers to press down on the join to smooth it out.
- Using a small, sharp knife, score a border all the way around, about 1cm in. Prick the middle with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together the cheeses, eggs, zest, nutmeg and some seasoning.
- Add the filling within the border and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with zucchini slices. Spray with oil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by blitzing the parmesan, pepitas, 60g rocket, garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil together, with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dollop the pesto on top of the tart and sprinkle with mint and/or rocket leaves, grated parmesan and pepitas. Add lemon juice to taste and serve.
Tip: Use a mandoline to get very thin zucchini rounds.
Optional: You can add other vegetables in addition to – or instead of – the zucchini. Try thinly sliced asparagus or beetroot.