- In a blender, blend the oats into a fine powder. Mix the oat powder in a bowl with the self raising flour.
- With a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Crack in the egg, add the cinnamon and mix well.
- Sift in and fold through the flour mix, bi-carb soda and salt. Roughly chop and stir in the chocolate.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place onto the lined trays. Ask your ALDI MiniRoos to help you with that.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (you can leave it overnight). Preheat the oven to 170ºC (or 150ºC for fan forced oven). Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers, then place in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden (make sure you don't overdo them - the chewier the better). Leave to cool completely.