- Place flour and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and crack in egg, then pour in milk, butter and vanilla extract. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. It is ok if a few lumps remain.
- Crush ¼ punnet of the raspberries and pass through a sieve, collecting the juice. Add this juice to the batter mix to create a pale pink colour.
- Place all ingredients for berry sauce into a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, simmering for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat and add a small knob of butter. Ladle in enough pancake batter to form 2 small pancakes and cook for a few minutes either side. Remove from pan, and repeat until batter is finished. To create a fun, descending colour effect when pancakes are stacked, add a little more raspberry juice to the batter before you cook each batch.
- Stack a few pancakes per plate and top with berry sauce, double cream and fresh berries.