Breakfast Shakshuka with Chorizo Recipe
How to Make Breakfast Shakshuka with Chorizo and Persian Feta
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan forced).
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a 25cm cast iron skillet (you can use a suitable heavy-based saucepan or enamel French pan for serving). Ensure your dish has a handle that can be put in the oven.
- Add chorizo and sauté until golden. Remove chorizo and set aside. Add the butter and onion and sauté slowly until browned and caramelised (about 5-7 minutes). Add garlic, paprika and cumin and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the whole tin of tomatoes, season with salt and a pinch of caster sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir through crumbled feta and chorizo.
- Crack eggs on top of the tomatoes and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake until eggs are set (about 7 minutes).
- Remove from oven and garnish with feta, coriander leaves and cracked pepper.
TIP: Serve with crusty warm bread.