Campfire Brioche French Toast Recipe
How to Make Campfire Brioche French Toast
- Put eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until very well combined.
- Lay 2 long sheets of foil (about twice the length of the loaf) on a flat surface. Put a square of baking paper on top, leaving a border of foil around the edge.
- Brush both sides of each slice of brioche loaf generously with egg mixture, then assemble back into a loaf and place on top of baking paper. Lay another piece baking paper over the top, then two more sheets of foil. Fold foil edges together to seal the loaf tightly.
- Place over campfire, where the heat is not too intense. Cook for 40 minutes, or until egg mixture is cooked through and bread is lightly toasted.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve: dust with icing mixture and drizzle with honey. Serve with blueberries and raspberries.
Tip: If you’re not using a campfire, you can also bake in oven at 200°C (180° fan forced) for 30-35 minutes.