- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Add the vinegar and bring to a strong simmer without boiling.
- Crack each egg into separate small bowls and then gently lower the bowls into the water. Gently push bowl down into water until the egg is floating. Remove bowl and simmer the eggs for 3 minutes until poached. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- While the eggs simmer, combine the wine (or white wine vinegar) and lemon juice in a sauté pan and bring to the boil for 1½ minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, then whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, ensuring it is fully combined before adding more.
- Gently stir to combine the 2 egg yolks and, in a slow stream, quickly whisk them into the melted butter mixture. Remove from heat.
- Toast the English muffin, then top with fresh spinach, 1 piece of salmon, 1 egg and hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chives and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.