Smashed Avocado Crumpets & Qukes® with Soft Boiled Eggs
- Combine avocado and season. Slice 8 x Qukes® lengthways, each into 4.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to boil over high heat, stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Pierce a small hole in the larger end of each egg, with a sharp safety pin or needle. Lower the cold eggs into the boiling water, leave for 30 seconds then stir to form a whirlpool in the pan. Boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place in a large bowl of iced water. Stand for 3 minutes. Drain and peel.
- Spread 4 x crumpets with avocado mixture. Spread the remaining 4 x crumpets with cottage cheese. Top all crumpets with sliced Qukes® then half a soft boiled egg.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind (sprinkle with sesame seeds and micro herbs if using).
- Place 1 x avocado crumpet and 1 x cottage cheese crumpet onto a serving plate, season and serve immediately.
RECIPE: courtesy of Perfection