Candy Cane Choc Brownie Trifle
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (or 160ºC fan forced) and make brownies according to packet directions.
- While brownies are baking, start making the chocolate mousse. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl over boiling water, ensuring the bowl isn’t touching the boiling water. Stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place remaining eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick and doubled in volume, approximately 5 minutes.
- Fold the cooled chocolate and cacoa powder through the egg mix.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, then carefully fold half through the chocolate mix.
- Place remaining cream and mousse in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once brownie has finished baking, set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, break into large chunks.
- Place unwrapped candy canes into a sealed bag and break into pieces.
- To create your trifle, layer ingredients in 8 glasses in order of brownie, crushed candy canes, cream and mousse and repeat until all the mixture is finished.
- Sprinkle extra crushed candy cane pieces on top to serve.