Christmas Cake Ice Cream Bomb
- Let ice cream soften out of the freezer
- Line a medium sized plastic mixing bowl and line it with cling wrap. Leave enough over the sides to cover the ice cream bomb when completed.
- Slice the top of the panettone about 3-4cm thick and place this rounded side down in the bowl.
- Then slice the rest of the loaf about the same thickness and cut each slice in half. Place the semicircles around the bowl to line it with the panettone filling in any gaps.
- When the bowl is lined with the panettone and the ice cream has softened, spoon the ice cream into the panettone.
- When all of the ice cream is in the panettone, press any excess down to create a level base for the cream bomb and cover the base with the cling film.
- Freeze the ice cream bomb for at least 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve the ice cream bomb carefully melt the dark chocolate and, in a separate bowl the white chocolate, in the microwave checking it every 20 seconds.
- Then roughly chop the pistachios.
- Turn the bowl upside down and use the cling film to release the ice cream bomb then pour over the dark chocolate.
- Next drizzle the white chocolate over the top and then cover with the almonds, pistachios and cranberries.
Serve and enjoy