Christmas Wreath Pavlova
- Preheat oven to 120°C
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a large, greased, flat oven tray. Using a pencil and a 23cm plate as a guide, draw a circle on the paper and then a 13cm circle inside that. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time and beat until all the sugar is gone and the mixture is thick and glossy. Add cornflour and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Using the pencil lines as a guide, scoop the meringue onto the tray to form a wreath shape.
- Bake for 1½ hours, then turn off the oven. Leave the oven door open slightly and keep the pavlova in the oven until it has completely cooled.
- To serve, carefully run a large knife between the pavlova and the paper to loosen it, then slide pavlova onto a serving plate. Whip the cream and sugar to soft peaks and spoon over the top of the pavlova. Top with the berries and figs then drizzle with the finishing vinegar.