Festive Ham, Pear & Goats Cheese Salad
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Using a small sharp knife gently lift one corner of the rind and using your fingers, separate the rind from ham. When you reach the hock remove the rind with a sharp knife.
- Carefully score the fat of the ham into large diamonds. Brush the scored surface with BBQ sauce and sprinkle the surface with brown sugar.
- Place the ham into a small roasting pan. Pour the pineapple juice into the base of the pan.
- Place the ham into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then remove and allow to cool in the pineapple juice.
- While the ham is cooling, prepare the salad. Break lettuce into small bite sized pieces and place into a large serving bowl, top with sliced pears quartered, baby beetroot, soft goats cheese, and pine nuts.
- Slice ham into thick slices and shred, allow approximately 100g per person. Dress the salad with the balsamic dressing and serve with crusty fresh bread.