Honey Cinnamon Shortbread
- Pre heat oven to 180°C (160°c fan forced)
- Place baking paper on baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Sift flour and salt together and fold into the butter and sugar mixture.
- On a floured surface, knead mixture until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1cm thickness. Dust top surface with flour and using the palm of your hand, smooth over the top of the dough.
- Using a Christmas tree cutter, cut out each, using a palette knife to transfer to baking tray.
- Cook for 18 minutes or until light brown around the edges.
- Cool on the tray before transferring onto wire rack.
- Melt cubed butter and honey in a saucepan. Simmer for 2 mins while whisking together to combine. Once the shortbread is cooled, brush the honey butter mixture over each Christmas Tree cookie and sprinkle with cinnamon dust.
Recipe: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI test Kitchen.