How to Make a Mango and Peach Trifle
- In a blender, blitz the watermelon and strain so that you have 4 cups of liquid.
- Place gelatin and warm water in a bowl. Stir and leave to bloom for a few minutes.
- Pour watermelon into a saucepan on a medium heat. Add sugar, gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour into a trifle bowl and refrigerate for approximately 3 hours or until set.
- In the blender, blitz the peaches, orange juice and water and blend until very smooth.
- Repeat the gelatin process. Once it has dissolved completely in the saucepan with the sugar, pour over your set watermelon layer and add sliced peaches and nectarines.
- Refrigerate for approximately 3 hours or until completely set.
- Whip 300g of cream until stiff and add in chunks from 1 mango.
- Add to your jelly and spread in a layer.
- Next, top this layer with 1 mango, cut into long slices.
- Whip 600g of cream until stiff and spread on top of the mango layer.
- To make mango stars, slice the side of a mango and carefully cut off the skin.
- Using the star cutter press firmly into the mango to cut out a star shape.
- Skewer 2 of the points of mango with the skewers and put through the trifle and place, standing in the jelly.
- Garnish the top with extra peaches, mango (and optional sprinkles).
- You can use frozen peaches
- If you prefer your jelly a bit more wobbly, only add 1½ tablespoons of gelatin*