Roasted Eggplant With Date-Almond Couscous
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Cut eggplants in half length-wise. Score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern. Season eggplant with salt, drizzle with olive oil, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put in preheated oven to bake at 180°C (160°C fan forced) for about 30 minutes.
- While the eggplant is roasting, prepare couscous. Place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl and pour over 1 cup of salted boiling water. Cover with a lid and let sit for about 5 minutes, or until the couscous has soaked up the liquid. Run through with a fork to loosen it and set aside.
- Add the dates, cranberries, almonds, parsley and mint to the couscous and toss to combine. Season to taste.
- When the eggplant shells are baked and soft to the touch, remove from oven. Scoop out the scored flesh and mix it in with the couscous. Place eggplant shells on a serving platter. Fill each shell with the couscous mixture, drizzle with yogurt sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Season to taste. Serve immediately.