Snowman Profiterole Towers
- Heat the water to a boil and then add the butter. When the butter has melted and the water is boiling add the flour, sugar and salt to the boiling water and beat until a dough forms. The dough is done when it comes cleanly away from the edges of the pan. Leave the dough to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (or 180°C for fan forced ovens).
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and gradually add the egg a bit at a time to the dough mixture to form the choux pastry.
- The mixture should be dropping consistency but not too runny.
- Using a piping bag, pipe 8 choux buns about 2" wide and 8 buns about 1.5" wide then 8 about 1" wide.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the smallest choux buns from the oven and return the tray for 5 more minutes. Then remove the medium sized choux buns and return the tray for a final 5 minutes.
- Leave the choux buns to cool while you whip the cream and make the chocolate sauce.
- To make the chocolate sauce melt the white chocolate in the microwave checking every 30 seconds until it has melted and then stir in the double cream.
- To finish the snowmen towers pipe the whipped cream into the hollow centre of the profiteroles and then use the while chocolate sauce to top the profiteroles.
- When the chocolate sauce has cooled stack the towers (biggest, then medium, then the smallest to make 8 snowmen).
- Finally, decorate them with the dried fruits, nuts or chocolate.