Sticky Apricot & Bourbon Ham Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan-forced).
- Place the apricot conserve, bourbon and ginger into a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Stir a few times during cooking to prevent it from sticking. Take off the heat and gently mash with a fork to break up any large pieces of apricot.
- Prepare the ham: use a small, sharp knife to make an incision across the shank, about 10cm in. Remove the skin of the ham by gently sliding your fingers between the skin and the fat layer, being careful to leave the fat intact.
- Using the small knife, score the ham by making parallel lines through the fat layer, not going as deep as the flesh.
- Place the ham, scored side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Add 2 cups water to the base of the pan.
- Brush the fat generously with the glaze and bake for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the glazing every 30 minutes for a further 1½ hours, or until the glaze is caramelised. Cover any areas with foil if they start to colour too much.
- Top up the water in the base of the pan if it evaporates.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest. Serve warm or at room temperature.
TIP: Ham can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for several days. If you’re looking to make something different with your leftover ham, try our recipe for Ham, Pear & Goats Cheese Salad here
Find your local ALDI Liquor trading store here
ALDI Supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is illegal to purchase alcohol for people under 18.
Vintages may vary from store to store. Every effort is made to ensure the current vintage is displayed, however variations can occur.
Liquor is available in selected ALDI stores in NSW, VIC, ACT & WA. Due to liquor licensing limitations, liquor is not sold in any QLD or SA ALDI stores.