- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place apple, spices, sugar and cornflour into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Lay thawed puff pastry on a large sheet of baking paper. Lightly brush a little egg along one edge of the pastry. Overlap the sheets and press lightly with a fork to join the two pieces together.
- Evenly spoon the mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry, leaving 2cm at the bottom and at least 5cm at either end.
- Roll the pastry into large log and tuck each end underneath.
- Place a few diagonal slits evenly along the log, brush with the egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Check strudel and return to oven for a further 5 minutes if required.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before moving to a wire rack.
- If serving warm, this pairs well with custard and ice cream or double cream.