Broccolini® and Hazelnut Cake
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a loaf pan – 11cm(W) x 7cm(H) x 21cm(L).
- Place the Broccolini® into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add apple and hazelnuts.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk brown sugar, eggs and oil on high speed until thick and pale. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon together over the oil mixture and gently fold into the mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the Broccolini® mixture. Spread mixture into the cake pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan then lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing: Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing mixture and beat until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Scatter over the hazelnuts. Serve.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Perfection