Mandarin Cheesecake with Syrup
- Grease a 20cm spring-form cake tin. Pre heat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced oven). Crush biscuits in food processor. Pour in butter and combine to form a biscuit crumb
- Press biscuit crumb into base and sides of tin. Place in fridge for 15min. In a bowl place cream cheese, caster sugar, mandarin juice and zest. Mix with hand blender until blended. Add eggs one at a time until just mixed.
- Pour mix over biscuit base. Place in oven and bake 35-40min or until centre is set. Leave to cool for 30min in oven.
- Remove from oven and place in fridge for 2hours.
- While cheesecake is cooling, make the mandarin syrup. Place mandarin juice and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer until sugar has melted and is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- To serve - place mandarin segments around the cheesecake and top with syrup. Serve immediately.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Colleen, ALDI Test Kitchen