Pie Maker Apple Pie
- Take puff pastry out to thaw. Peel, core and finely dice apples.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss apples, flour, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together. Add the water and stir until combined.
- Using the pie cutter provided in the pie maker machine, place one sheet of pastry on the bench, laying the base side cutter down as close to the edge as possible. You’ll need to use the half sheet to cut and fill in the gaps to make the full circle perfect. Using your hands to mould the pastry together, place the pastry on the bottom of the pie dish.
- Pour the apple pie filling into the pastry. Lay the second layer of pastry on the bench and cut another circle using the base cutter side and filling in the gaps with half piece of pastry, moulding it together like the previous pastry, laying it on top of the apple mixture.
- Turn the machine on and cook for 12 minutes. In the meantime mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Once the timer goes off, brush the pastry with milk and evenly sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen