Raw Coconut and Almond Cheesecake
- Soak the cashew nuts in some cold water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- To make the base, line the base of the tin* with some non-stick baking paper. Chop up the dates or sultanas and put into a food processor along with the flaked almonds and 20g coconut oil. Process until you have a crumb mixture.
- Press this into the base of the tin, using the back of a spoon to push down. Put into the fridge to set.
- To make the filling, drain the cashew nuts and pat dry with a cloth. Put them into a food processor along with the remaining coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and the vanilla extract. Process until smooth.
- Take the tin from the fridge and spoon the mixture on top of the crumb base. Put back into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, liquify the blueberries, icing sugar and lime juice together to make the sauce (you can use a smoothie blender or handheld mixer).
- Drizzle the sauce on top of cheesecake and serve immediately.
*This recipe works best with a 12-14cm springform tin.