Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C for fan forced oven).
- To make the filling – place the sweet potato onto a tray and roast for 1 to 1½ hours until you can push a skewer through the sweet potato.
- Place biscuits in a blender and purée into a fine crumb. Melt the butter in a large bowl, add the crumbs, mixing until well coated. Pour the crumbs into the springform tin and press into the sides and bottom evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, peel off the skin carefully while hot and place into an electric mixer. Beat sweet potato and the butter together.
- Add sugar, evaporated milk, egg, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and maple syrup. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared piecrust tin.
- To make the topping combine all the ingredients with a fork until mixture looks like crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over pie filling.
- Turn the oven down to 160°C (or 140°C for fan forced ovens) and bake for 40 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, and pair with dollop cream or ice cream. Or serve warm.
RECIPE: Courtesy of Virginia, ALDI Test Kitchen