Vegan Chocolate Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- Place the blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar and ground cinnamon into a small saucepan. Gently bring to the boil and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Allow the compote to cool and set aside.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the plain flour, cacao powder and salt and whisk together.
- Into another bowl, add the almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup and whisk together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the almond milk mixture and, with a wooden spoon, draw in the flour and mix until you have a smooth batter, then allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan, on medium heat. Add approximately 4 tablespoons of the batter into a circle, into the frypan and fry each side for a few minutes. Transfer to an oven to keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve the chocolate pancakes in a stack. Pour blueberry compote over the top and garnish with fresh blueberries.