Vegan Christmas Cake Recipe
How to Make Vegan Christmas Cake
- Soak the berries, raisins, prunes and apricots in the brandy and apple juice for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C (120°C fan forced). Grease and line a baking tin.
- Mix together the flour, oil, sugar, spices, zest, almond meal and soaked fruits until well mixed.
- Warm half the soy milk with the vinegar and add the bicarb to the rest of the soy milk.
- Mix the two together and immediately mix in with the rest of the batter.
- Place in the baking tin and cook for approximately 2 hours.
- When removed, check it’s cooked by sticking a skewer or sharp knife into the cake. If it comes out clean it’s cooked.
- If you want to add alcohol, just poke a few holes in the cake and feed with brandy and/or port to your taste.
To make the icing:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the aquafaba until foamy.
- This should take a few minutes and double in size.
- Add the icing sugar in one go and mix until smooth and thick.
- The icing needs to be quite thick. Add the corn flour to get your desired consistency.
NOTE: Store cooked cake in an airtight container