Pam’s Legendary Lasagne
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan. Add onions and garlic, then cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add the beef mince and cook for a few minutes until browned. Then add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Once finished, remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, start the béchamel sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan then add flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in milk. Place back over a low heat and cook, stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes, or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C for fan forced ovens). Lightly grease a large 3L rectangular baking dish.
- Start lasagne by spreading a 5mm layer of beef mince on the bottom, then top with a single layer of lasagne sheets – you may need to break a few so they fit evenly.
- Layer lasagne in the order of mince, béchamel sauce, spinach and pasta then repeat until baking dish is almost full. Make the final layer with pasta and béchamel sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cook for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves to serve.
< We’ve upped our fresh game