- Trim each chicken thigh and cut chicken into bite-sized chunks and add them to a large bowl. Add half the marinade to bowl and mix through the chicken pieces to coat well. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the chicken absorb the flavours.
- Toast the sesame seeds by heating a small, dry pan on medium-low heat. Add the seeds and toast lightly. Gently shake the pan so they keep moving and don’t burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a rice cooker or on the stovetop, cook rice to packet directions. Slice spring onions into thin strips and place in small dish covered in cold water. Put in fridge to curl them.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil in a large, shallow pan on medium-high heat. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and sauté in pan, until cooked through (approximately 8-10 minutes).
- Once cooked, add the remaining marinade to the chicken in the pan and heat through.
- Place 1 cup of rice on each serving plate and top with cooked chicken and marinade.
- Garnish each with the toasted sesame seeds, spring onion and sliced chilli (if desired). Serve immediately.