Simple No-Bake Banoffee Pie
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until you have fine crumbs, then add the melted butter. Process again to combine. The crumbs should stick together when squeezed.
- Press into the springform cake tin halfway up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Place the cubed butter and the golden syrup into a saucepan and heat, stirring until melted.
- Add the tin of condensed milk and stir on medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes until the mixture bubbles, thickens and starts to change colour.
- Remove from the heat and cool for a couple of minutes before pouring into the chilled crumb crust.
- Refrigerate until cold and firm. The pie can be made up to this point and finished when you are ready.
- Slice 3-4 bananas and mix them with the whipped cream.
- Pour into the tart shell on top of the chilled caramel and smooth down to a nice flat surface.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings onto the top of the tart and then decorate with the final sliced banana.
TIPS: If making ahead of time, toss the bananas in a small amount of lemon juice (to pause browning of the bananas). This pie is very rich and you only need a small slice!
RECIPE: Courtesy of Australian Bananas