Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrot, sauté until soft.
- Add ginger, garlic, spices and cook for 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes and lentils and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and let soup simmer until lentils are cooked. Stir through herbs and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe: Courtesy of Jeanette, ALDI Test Kitchen