BBQ Trout with Grilled Peach Salad
- Oil BBQ grill (to prevent sticking) and heat up to medium.
- Brush both sides of the trout with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place the fish flesh side down directly on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the fish and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove fish from grill and set aside.
- Place peach slices on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes until caramelised. Flip and for grill for 1 more minute. Remove and set aside.
- Make a salsa by placing the corn, black beans, tomato halves, red onion and coriander in a small bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil, add a squeeze of lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad by placing the greens on a serving platter and sprinkle the salad with the salsa.
- Next, layer the peaches and avocado slices on top of the salad and finish by placing trout pieces on top. Sprinkle the entire salad with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lime and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
*Tip: Thaw trout inside a zip-lock bag, submerged in cold water for approximately 2 hours. Water will need to be topped up to keep the temperature cool. Otherwise defrost, covered, in fridge overnight.