Chocolate and Vanilla Easter Cake
- Preheat oven to 160°C (or 140°C for fan forced ovens). Line the bases and side of a 21cm cake tin (with a removable base) with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour in and combine with remaining dry ingredients (sugar, salt, cocoa powder). Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix together with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and stir through. Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 55 minutes.
- Insert a skewer into the cake when done, to see if it comes out clean. If it comes out wet, the cake will need to be cooked for a further 5 minutes and checked again. Once cooked, remove cake from oven, leaving in the tin for a further 5 minutes to cool. Remove cake from tin and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Butter Cream Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until white and fluffy. Slowly add icing mixture until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add the vanilla and milk, and blend for a further two minutes.
- Spread over cooled cake and decorate with ALDI chocolate, Easter bunnies and Easter eggs. Refrigerate until ready to serve, ideally bringing to room temperature before serving.