- Preheat the oven to 140°C/275°F/gas mark 1
- To make the meringue, use an electric hand whisk to whisk the egg whites for a couple of minutes until they form peaks
- When the meringue has reached this stage, slowly start to add the caster sugar a bit at a time, whisking in between until all the sugar is combined and the meringue is glossy and holds a stiff peak
- Using a metal spoon, equally divide the mixture into 12 meringue rounds and bake for 2 hours, then leave in the oven (turned off) until cooled completely.
- When the meringues have cooled, whip the cream until it holds a peak and then crush the meringues and add to the cream
- To serve, layer the strawberries with the passion fruit pulp and meringue/cream in the jars and top with mint.